Contract Type: Ongoing and full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Responsible to: Senior Architect / Practice Associate
Location: Camden Town, North London
Advertised from: 8th August 2018
Applications by: 16th September 2018
Interviews: 17th September to 28th September 2018
Start date: from 8th October 2018
DKA is looking to appoint a Dutch-speaking Architect with at least two years experience post-RIBA Part 3 or equivalent, to lead a design team for an education scheme in Belgium recently won through a design competition. The ideal candidate will have experience in leading design projects within Belgium and the Netherlands.
David Kohn Architects was established in 2007 and has gained international recognition for the quality of its design. The practice has recently won significant residential, education and arts projects, and work ranges from collaboration with artists to public spaces, from historic building renovation to urban strategies. Over the next five years, DKA aims to grow organically, continuing to take on larger, more complex projects.
- Responsible for managing a small project team delivering a significant project to the highest quality through all stages;
- Act as project architect;
- Drive project design development using physical models, CAD models, sketching and regular design reviews;
- Work closely with the Senior Architect leading the arts & education sector and the Practice Associate to ensure a coherent design approach is applied across all aspects of the project;
- Input on project resourcing and oversee time management of team;
- Liaise with clients and design teams;
- Oversee delivery of competitions within the sector within budget.
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience leading complex projects within Belgium (€10M - €15M);
- Experience leading teams through all design stages;
- Experience of coordination on complex projects;
- Experience in project financial management and budgeting;
- Good knowledge of procurement and construction;
- Strong technical expertise and knowledge of current construction methods.
- Excellent design skills;
- Construction detailing;
- Excellent coordination and organisational skills;
- Software: Vectorworks (2D/ 3D), SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, Rhino;
- 3D Modelling.
Please upload your CV and a portfolio under 'Resume', and your cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this role under 'Cover Letter'.