Part 2 Architectural Assistant
Contract Type: Ongoing and full-time
Responsible to: Senior Architect
Location: Camden Town, North London
Advertised from: 8th January 2019
Applications by: 25th January 2019
Interviews: 4th – 15th February 2019
Start date: 18th February 2019 / as soon as possible
DKA is inviting applications from talented and enthusiastic Part 2 architectural assistants to join our growing practice. Candidates will need to demonstrate RIBA Stages 1-3 experience or RIBA Stages 4-5 experience, and the successful applicants will work on a new student accommodation building in Oxford, or on new opportunities across our masterplanning and development, houses and interiors, and R&D teams.
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of delivering RIBA Stages 1-3 or 4-5;
- Consultant coordination experience;
- Experience of working both in teams and independently.
- Excellent design skills;
- Dutch/German/Spanish/French speaking desirable;
- NBS specification writing desirable;
- Excellent drafting and visualisation skills;
- Vectorworks (2D/ 3D), SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, Rhino;
- Physical model making.
How to Apply
Applications should be made simultaneously in hard copy and online and include the following:
- A cover letter explaining how you meet all the criteria for the post, and why you want to work for DKA; a CV detailing previous experience and qualifications; and up to 4 sides of A4 showing images and drawings of key previous projects and personal work;
- Upload the above material through this site;
- Post a hard copy marked ‘Part 2 Recruitment’ to: Recruitment, David Kohn Architects, Bedford House, 125–133 Camden High Street, London NW1 7JR.
We will only be able to enter into correspondence with shortlisted candidates. David Kohn Architects is an Equal Opportunities Employer.